Feelin’ Green in Margheritaville
This refreshing summer cocktail is always a hit when we serve it to guests. It’s inspired by Fernando’s Pub’s famous avocado margarita.
- 1 tray Ice Cubes (about 2 cups) crushed
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup fresh Cucumbers peeled
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 cup juice from fresh Lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh Cilantro
- 4 ounces Tequila, Vodka or Rum (choose one!)
Throw everything in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth. Rub rim of glass with lime wedge, then rub over a plate of fine salt or sugar (whatever you prefer- I do half and half). Pour over ice and garnish with a cucumber wedge. I was too lazy to peel the cucumber and it still tasted great, but was a little bit chunkier than if I had removed the skin. Serves 2-3.